2002 1.9 HDi turbo failure - redlandrebel
I've been running a 2002 406 HDi for a month or so and now realise the turbo just doesn't work (used to drive a petrol Astra, so no real comparison. Going up hill, or accelerating away from the lights - there's just no turbo at all. My mechanic thinks it's the Mass Air Filter, but reading various forums on the tinternet I'm not so sure - some threads suggest the high pressure fuel rail. I need to get this sorted before I take the Pug back to it's native France for a two week holiday next week. Any ideas?
2002 1.9 HDi turbo failure - Screwloose

If there's no boost pressure, the ECU will kinda notice..... It's constantly monitoring the actual boost and comparing it to the pre-learned target value. Have the codes been read? Any dash messages?

Which engine is it; the RHY 90hp one is a bit of a slug. The engine code is in the VIN; RH... something?
Hi - where's the engine code - 'scuse my ignorance - ? No, no dash messages and car otherwise performs fine - can do 90 on the M'way, just no turbo...

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 05/08/2008 at 12:42

It's in the VIN number - on the logbook etc.
Dah dah! Mechanic solved it - hands up, I know my limits..... - apparently, the whole system was completely clogged up with 100K miles of pink fluffy dice... nothing more or less.

{suggest you read the no swearing policy of this site!}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 06/08/2008 at 01:11

That would be a first?