05 2.0 service indicator? - piston power
Hello, my mate as the 05 plate 318i 2.0ltre petrol bmw.

He just took it to a local garage for a service and they said because it went over the service limit they can't take off the service indicator?

They said it must go back to bmw for this to be done? is this true?

I remember older bmw's you could buy a tool to plug into the harness to turn off the service lights, can't you do the similar thing to these?

05 2.0 service indicator? - piston power
Every body on holiday?????
05 2.0 service indicator? - bud
hello mate {edited to remove 'txt' talk}

not sure if the 05 318 is the same principle as the 03 320d but i did a search on resetting service on the net and found the you can reset it using your trip buttons .... here is the a copy of what i found hope it helps ........

Found this on another site. It worked on my E46 2002 Compact.

BMW 2001 to current ; Ignition Off (Position 0) ; Press and Hold the trip odometer button while turning key to position 1 (ACCESSORY) ; Keep the button depressed (about 5 secs.) until you see "Oil Service" or "Inspection" with "Reset" or "Re" in the display* ; Press the button again and hold for approx. 5 secs. until "Reset" or "Re" flashes ; While the display is flashing, briefly press the button again to reset the Service Interval. After the display has shown the new interval you should see "END SIA" for about 2 seconds Note: that if the "Reset" or "Re" does not flash, then you have not met the minimum consumption level and cannot reset

Note: On vehicles with "High" cluster, you will also see the amount of fuel (in litres) remaining until next service

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 25/08/2009 at 00:52