94 1.4 engine/radiator cooling fan permanantely - StuartB4
Just wondered if the fan should be on from the moment you switch the engine on, or has the sender unit gone. My daughter just bought the car from a woman who said it was on because it had an induction kit fitted.
I've had a look and the only thing I can see is the fact that the air filter box is missing and they have fitted a cone shaped air filter on the end of the pipe instead.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks.

Edited by Pugugly on 01/08/2008 at 20:16

94 1.4 engine/radiator cooling fan permanantely - Peter D
Nothing to do with the induction kit. It sounds as though the womans boy racer sun fitted the induction kit, beware. I suspect the temp switch for the fan has either been bypassed or it has failed get it check out soon incase this is covering up some other problem. Regards Peter
94 1.4 engine/radiator cooling fan permanantely - topbloke
the fan is controlled by a rad fan switch fitted into the end of the rad, one would assume that its either been bridged out with a bit of wire or its failed, unusual for it to fail on though they normally fail the other way hence the bit of wire, the fan is permanantly live with a switched earth via the switch
94 1.4 engine/radiator cooling fan permanantely - Screwloose
TB

So that would be to cover up the blown head gasket then?
94 1.4 engine/radiator cooling fan permanantely - topbloke
that will be the one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
94 1.4 engine/radiator cooling fan permanantely - StuartB4
Thanks guys. I did take the plug off of the switch to look if it had been bypassed but it's not. I usually do that my self if I want to test a fan. Will change the switch and see what happens.
Cheers, have a good weekend.