Previous owners - kithmo
What are the merits of having a car with less previous owners ?
It seems, in the eyes of most, that more previous owners devalues a car somehow. Is it a monetary devaluation or just a feelgood factor ?
My own view is that it wouldn't matter at all on an older car or a car that still has warranty on it, as long as the car is ok and a test drive is conducted. But it may be a deciding factor when choosing between prospective purchases that don't fall into either of those two categories.
What do other BRs think ?

Keith.
Previous owners - Alby Back
Wouldn't especially bother me, except the potential effect on resale value I suppose. I think it's mainly superstition. As long as you can see that the car has been looked after, what difference would it really make? You could argue that if a car has had a variety of drivers that it is probably more evenly "run in ". I have owned a couple of ex-rental cars so they could theoretically be said to have had at least several dozen or more "owners". Neither gave me any problems at all.
Previous owners - Mapmaker
I think it's the attitude to maintenance. If you don't own a car for very long, you don't bother changing the oil etc. etc. Some of the big £500 estate cars on eBay seem to change hands every few weeks - after moving somebody else's house. Cheaper than hiring, but at what cost to the maintenance?
Previous owners - Pugugly
...or that is was an unreliable shed and successive owners couldn't wait to get shot !