European Breakdown Cover - gsb
Just been looking at the recent post, 'Breakdown cover, too much choice!'

Made me look at Europ Assist as the premium looked good for european cover. My car now 10 yrs old and quoted at £85, against the £135 from Green Flag for annual cover. However just come up with major problem if you DIY service. Europ Assist say have to carry proof of regular service from garage with insce docs.
On looking closely at the inconclusive small print and speaking to their underwriters, GF also say car must be regularly serviced, but breakdown cover excluded if due to 'unsuccessful amateur servicing or repairs'. Personally I believe I lavish more care and attention on my car than the local garage would.

I expect most policies may say something similar and wonder how many claims would not be covered due to the often unread small print. Fortunately I have never had to claim in the past, but now I am at least aware of the position.
European Breakdown Cover - Pugugly
This may soon effect people who use their own cars for work purposes - some companies now require evidence of servicing before they'll allow them to be used on company business.
European Breakdown Cover - BazzaBear {P}
In fact if you go through quotelinedirect, you can get the Europ Assist cover for £59.

Are you saying that not only does the car have to be regularly serviced, but that you have to carry all your service proof around with you in the car?
European Breakdown Cover - BazzaBear {P}
Hmm...
Looking at my policy, it looks like this is just a catch-all term. It seems to be wording in such a way that these clauses will be called into play if their mechanic informs them that your car did not look like it had been properly maintained.
A bit busy now, but I'll try to give full details later on if I can.