Scared - 1st time trader - jiminwatford
hi guys! hopefully someone can help

i thinking about buying a used car that i only want for a single journey after which it will be sold. if i register it in my name it will take maybe 4 weeks to come back as well as showing an extra keeper in its history. also it looks odd that a car is being sold after only a few weeks.

what i am considering is filling out the traders section of the V5 so thaat i can sell the car after the journey and a few days after buying it.

i wonder whether this is a good idea or not? i wonder what peopple think of this? i wonder what the seller would make of it?

thanks for any help/advice

James
Scared - 1st time trader - ifithelps
James,

Most getaway drivers steal their preferred wheels and just dump them afterwards. :)

Edited by ifithelps on 16/07/2008 at 12:37

Scared - 1st time trader - ForumNeedsModerating
Hire one instead?
Scared - 1st time trader - oldnotbold
Just buy something for £999 or less - and be completely upfront about your reasons for selling it, or hire, as suggested. An extra owner on a cheapy won't worry the new owner one bit. The V5 normally gets turned round in about 10 days.

Selling it as a trader opens you up to warranty, fitness for purpose etc. bet you are not insured/covered for all that?

Edited by oldnotbold on 16/07/2008 at 14:27

Scared - 1st time trader - movilogo
If you want to sell after just 10 days, 90% of buyers will smell fish. So, you should expect loss of substantial amount of money.

Is that less than cost of hiring a car?