02 1.6 Error code p0400 unspecified EGR - johnny
60K on clock, the car tends to lurch a bit in slow traffic. The error code p0400 came up at the service last month, thr mechanic said it could be the EGR valve, and it would cost about £80 for a replacement
Are there any physical checks I can do on this device, as it's dead easy to remove, but all I see is a slightly blackened hemisphere standing about 3mm proud which I assume it the valve .Should this move up and down at all or is it stuck in an open position? I think another post in this forum said you could just block this valve off as it's not critical. Any advice on this most welcome. thanks
02 1.6 Error code p0400 unspecified EGR - johnny
'bump
02 1.6 Error code p0400 unspecified EGR - topbloke
if you have removed the egr and its sticking proud then its stuck open, there is a rework for these that involves blanking off the egr port with a gasket and then telling the engine ecu that it no longer has an egr fitted, the update of the ecu is dealer only
02 1.6 Error code p0400 unspecified EGR - rich1969
experienced this a couple of years ago on the 2L Diesel. The internet gave me the answer - The EGR valve. It costs £40 NOT £80. I'm not sure if it's easy to do as the car was just a few days out of warranty they did it on warranty. Initially they changed the air flow meter, although I consulted vauxhall direct and they confirmed the diagnosis I read on the internet. No problems since. Look around for the cost though.