Tyres- small bulge in tyre wall - hillman1 {p}
Hi All,

A little advice please. Over the weekend I noticed a very small bulge in the wall of the front tyre on SWMBOs car- about the size of a 5 pence piece in diameter and probably no more than about 2mm high. The thing that actually made me notice it was because it was actually on some wording on the wall which looked a little bit distorted.

She think she may have nudged the curb when parking recently- I know she wouldn't have hit it hard as she doesn't drive that fast!

With it being such a small bulge is it worth replacing the tyre? The tyre is about 3 months old and done about 1200 miles.

Thanks all.
Tyres- small bulge in tyre wall - GregBlack
hillman

For peace of mind I think I'd take it to the place where you had the tyres fitted. Could be a defective tyre. A front blow-out at higher speed doesn't bear thinking about.
Tyres- small bulge in tyre wall - Blue {P}
The fact that you're asking means you know it needs sorting ;-)

Tyres- small bulge in tyre wall - FotheringtonThomas
If you decide to tootle about on it, bear in mind it could go from pumped up to flat in the course of a few seconds.

Edited by FotheringtonThomas on 07/07/2008 at 12:06

Tyres- small bulge in tyre wall - hillman1 {p}
Thanks guys,

My initial instinct had been to replace, but thought I would ask the question in view of the fact it is such a small bulge.

The tyre was actually purchased from online retailer Camskill, and then fitted at a local garage, but I'll get in touch with the supplier to see if there would be any chance of sending it back once replaced for inspection.

Thanks for the confirmation!
Tyres- small bulge in tyre wall - oldnotbold
It's a front tyre, and my guess is that the car is front wheel drive.

A key component for moving the car, stopping the car and steering is faulty, it almost certainly needs to be replaced, and the £50.00 it will cost is not going to get you a full tank!

Edited by oldnotbold on 07/07/2008 at 12:13

Tyres- small bulge in tyre wall - jc2
First thing to do is put the spare on and then go to garage/supplier.