97 1.6 Leaky front passenger footwell - Barnesoid
I'm looking for some help!

My 97 VW Polo has recently developed a leak. It started in the rear with both doors leaking. I managed to stop this by bringing all the door in closer to the car. This has solved the leak at the back but now I have developed a leak in the front passenger footwell. This is periodic and seems to be mainly when the weather is really bad. Water appears to be leaking over the door rubber at the bottom of the door as when you open the door you can see the door rubber has water running along it.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 29/06/2008 at 13:22

97 1.6 Leaky front passenger footwell - Rich320d
Hi,

Worth checking a couple of things...

Check the pollen filter is seated properly, its at the base of the windscreen on the passenger side, access is through the chamber at the bottom of the windscreen.

Also I would say if water is leaking in around the door seals, its going to be coming from the door membrane behind the inside door cards/trim.

On a lot of VW Group cars, behind the inside door trim the window mechanism is mounted on a steel plate that is bolted to the inside of the door, the rubber seal around the edge can fail allowing water to dribble in. You see the water that gets past the rubber seal at the bottom of the glass is suposed to pass through the inside of the door and out the drain holes at the bottom, not get in the car. Its been a problem on Mk4 Golfs and Mk1 SKoda Fabias...

www.fabia-vrs.com/technical/door_carrier.html