RE: Gendan code reader thread. - Tron
I tried to find the original thread regarding: www.gendan.co.uk/ and their products.

Just wanted tp pass on a big 'THANK YOU' to the person that kindly took the time to put this companies details on line for the rest of us to see.

You (and Gendan) saved me a lot of time, fiddling about but more importantly - money.

My car is a Vauxhall 2003 Astra estate 1.6 (Z16XE engine) bi fuel (LPG/Petrol).

I went with the Vauxcheck, Enginecheck and ELM327 USB interface and it pulled up 4 codes all relating to the EGR valve having (once more) failed.

It also gave me a 'pending' fault of the coil pack being on its way out.

As Vauxhall themselves had recently replaced the EGR valve I took it back to them.

Because I had the diag codes in my grubby paws, I was able to tell them exactly what was wrong with my vehicle. Their own (much more expensive) diag equipment verified exactly what the Gandan product (plus a confirmation the coil pack was on its way out) had already given me.

Repaired free of charge and by main dealership with no arguments!

Tron.

RE: Gendan code reader thread. - oilrag
Hi Tron, Just shows how these things can be useful. I recently bought the cheapest code reader in Gendans range and it can read both of our Punto`s, a 2002 1.9D and 2005 Multijet.

That looks like the much more advanced PC version you have?

Surprised there is not more interest in this area given the easy access by legislation to the EOBD sockets!

RE: Gendan code reader thread. - Tron
Morning Oilrag,

Pleased that you got on well with it too.

Yes you are right in the PC based one being more advanced. It has a lot more ability to see 'inside' of your engine. It can see sensors, running temp's and a whole host of other items. Enough to keep and give to an inexperienced and novice mechanic (such as myself!) items to be wondering, pondering, working out and worrying over! LOL!

I used the PC based one because of what else you are able to see with the Engine and Vauxcheck software.

COILLPACK: I removed, cleaned all connections, cleaned earths and reassembled the coil pack over the weekend - no faults are now being reported :))) So it looks like (please!) that it was a dry or bad connection somewhere.

Tron.

Edited by Tron on 09/06/2008 at 10:43