Value from warranty. - gordonbennet
Chap came to my house the other day, and he drove a unusual car, a hyundai terracan 4 x 4, auto diesel. 2.9 v6.

I think it was 54 plate (can't promise) and he'd done 130K in the vehicle, car was obviously well used as a work vehicle, the interior boot area had a liner and he carried all sorts of gear in there, including building stuff for the house he's renovating.

Nothing unusual in that till he mentioned its still under makers warranty, and then i remembered about the 5 year warranty hyundai put on.
Then i realised he will still be covered until next year.

I asked him what had gone wrong, some trim bits had come loose and been sorted, and the rear diff seal had leaked and been fixed and that was it.

I must admit, it wasn't a bad looking motor, it had stonechips and various scrapes on the bumpers, it could have done with a clean, but no rust anywhere.

He had a good attitiude to his vehicle, he said that any vehicle he owned would be worth nothing the way he piles mileage on, so the badge snobbery thing probably wouldn't affect him. The motor impressed me the way it had stood its hard use.

I wondered if anyone else here had taken advantage of hyundai's or any other makers high mileage standard cover, and what had their experiences been.
Value from warranty. - stunorthants26
Hyundai are pretty willing to repair as it would appear their cars are long lived.

Mums Coupe V6 is coming up to 35k now and random ABS pump issue aside and the alarm which has been upgraded, its been brilliant. I still dont like driving it though!
Oh and it does get a good thrashing when I get hold of it, im the only one who stretches its legs :-) legally of course, does 70 in 2nd!
Value from warranty. - L'escargot
Unfortunately the nearest Hyundai dealer to me is 27 miles away. The nearest Ford dealer is only 2 miles away, and dealers for most other popular makes are only 15 miles away.
Value from warranty. - Zub
Doesn't it seem very poor value for money in this case? He has not had to call on the warranty for anything serious but I am sure he has paid out a fortune on the servicing needed to to keep the warranty valid! Peace of mind maybe but I'm not sure about value for money.
Value from warranty. - Paul I
Doesn't it seem very poor value for money in this case? He has not had
to call on the warranty for anything serious but I am sure he has paid
out a fortune on the servicing needed to to keep the warranty valid! Peace of
mind maybe but I'm not sure about value for money.

>>

Remember though it doesn't have to go to a Dealer to have it's service . It's easy for you or your local independent to order parts from the dealer and get them to to the labour. Big difference in price I imagine. The savings could easily be between 30-50 %

I do this with our Altea and have no problems, it's a confidence thing I guess I know the law and regulations and I know my local independent will do a better job
Value from warranty. - Paul I
What also should be pointed out is that if the car is well engineered and built in the first place then the warranty is low risk to Hyundai; anyway they wouldn't have done it without doing the sums first.

This can be evidence by other car makers who selectively offer different lengths of warranty ie Kia and Fiat
Value from warranty. - Collos25
Regarding the warranty do not Hyundai insist that it is serviced by them per schedule to retain the 5 years as the 3,4,5 year are a discretionary warranty?
Value from warranty. - stunorthants26
My dad paid £800 for a 5 year servicing package, which includes what looks like a very arkward cambelt change, so you can keep servicing costs under control if you so wish with a Hyundai.