VW Group - Dual Mass Flywheel - Derek N
HJ published 2 letters in lhis Saturday Telegraph column (24 May) reffering to Dual Mass Flywheel failure on diesel engined VW Group vehicles - VW, Seat and Audi.

I drive a Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDI with the (auto) DSG gearbox. Has anyone suffered dmf failure to any so equipped VW group car - or is such failure solely down to 'clutch slip' due to 'drivers behaviour' with the manual gearbox?
VW Group - Dual Mass Flywheel - bhoy wonder
My 54 plate passat 130 TDI has had its gearbox, DMF and clutch all replaced under warranty thankfully. Car was about 2 years old and had about 22000miles on at the time.
VW Group - Dual Mass Flywheel - daveyjp
No DSG box though bhoy wonder. A quick search doesn't throw up many issues with DSG and DMF failures.

Dedicated VAG forums are good for finding out particular issues like this. I did find a couple of posts, but remaps and new ECU chips were mentioned as well.
VW Group - Dual Mass Flywheel - taxijohn
I have a Skoda Octavia 2006 with a DSG gearbox. Although the vehicle is less than 3 years old it is out of warranty as it has done 100,000 miles. The Dual Mass flywheel has just had to be replaced at a cost of 900 pounds. I also know someone else who has an Octavia on which the Dual Mass Flywheel has had to be replaced. My Local skoda dealer has stated that there has been a problem with these flywheels, so shouldn't they be replaced under warranty.