2008 - vibrating/ air noise - Eralc
I took delivery of a new Toyota Aygo Platinum at the end of April 2008. When the driver's door is closed and the engine is on, there is a awful vibrating noice that comes from the top of the driver's window. This noise continues when the car is being driven too. The noise is a bit like a droning noise and suffice to say, I'm not pleased about it. I know it's not a feature of all Aygo cars as the Aygo that I test drove did not make that noise. Has anyone experienced the same problem with their Aygo?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 22/05/2008 at 13:33

Toyota Aygo - vibrating/ air noise - Dipstick
Mine is also a petrol Platinum and took I delivery at the same time as you. Yep - rattle from drivers top window or somewhere.

I spoke to dealer who said it really shouldn't rattle and they'd be more than happy to look/listen/diagnose/fix - just not got it back there yet. I also scoured the Aygo forum and it's not a problem recorded there, so I don't think it's all of them.

As a matter of interest, what mpg are you getting so far?

Edited by Dipstick on 22/05/2008 at 12:45

Toyota Aygo - vibrating/ air noise - Eralc
Not got the figures...will know for sure when the tank is empty.
I'm hoping the mpg is good??
Toyota Aygo - vibrating/ air noise - daveyjp
3 or 5 door model? We have a 5 door '+' model and have no such problem.
Toyota Aygo - vibrating/ air noise - Dipstick

Mine's a five door.

Mpg - official combined on petrol is 62 mpg (hollow laugh). From reading about beforehand I was expecting perhaps mid to high forties to start, rising to perhaps low fifties after 10k miles.

In actuality, measured brim to brim I've had between 54 and 58 from day one. My driving is mostly commuting, and I've used the aircon a fair bit. With only just 1000 miles on the clock I've been very pleased so far.

It's also pleasant to fill up for £30 instead of £90 (my old car) and get the same miles from a tank as I used to. Insurance is £200 less a year for me, and road tax of course will be a mere £20 when it needs doing next April instead of the rather eye watering £440 it would have been, so on the financial front it's a winner.

Build quality does seem better than I thought it would be, once you accept the market segment it's in, and I'm sure they'll sort both my rattle and your drone!

And you have to admit it's a hoot to drive!

Edited by Dipstick on 22/05/2008 at 15:18