Donington Park - VSCC SeeRed - AlastairW
I'm toying with the idea of having a day out to the above event in a couple of weeks - it is on the weekend of 31st May/1st June (see www.vscc.co.uk for details).
Has anyone been before, and if so do they have any advice ie: is it best to arrive early, how quickly does the car park fill up, that sort of thing.
I will be taking my two boys (12 and 7, so they get in for nothing) and a picnic. Does the panel think there will be enough entertainment for them, though I am sure there will be plenty for me.
Donington Park - VSCC SeeRed - Pugugly
Smuggle a Playweeboxstation thing for them and enjoy.

Edited by Pugugly on 21/05/2008 at 22:36

Donington Park - VSCC SeeRed - PhilW
I've been a few times (though I thought it was usually at end Aug/Sept?). I love it - couple of years ago the old 1930s MBs and Auto-Unions were there (the Nuvolari/Carracciola & co cars) and they were spectacular in sight and sound. Loads of different races with vintage cars (lovely old Bugattis, Bentleys, ERA, Cooper-Bristols etcand bikes (don't know much about these but Manx Nortons by the dozen)and last year a whole history of Ferraris and Maseratis etc including a display race by "modern" GP cars - - those driven by the like of Lauda, Mansell and a few from the previous years GPs (ie those from the 2000s) etc. Usually quite a lot of "stalls" selling all sorts of motoring stuff and lots of privately owned vintage sports cars, all of which are easily accessible to view close up - including the Paddock where all the cars are - drivers and mechanics always ready for a chat & show off their cars & bikes.
Seem to remember there was a childrenss play area - bouncy castle etc, and the usual burger bars, pig roast, coffee etc
I posted this a couple of years ago
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=44952&...f
Glad you brought this up - otherwise I would have been looking for it at end of August! See you there??
Phil
Oops, got a bit carried away there!
To answer your Qs (!)
Parking no probs - acres of it especially outside the course - but if you want to get into the infield so you can park and sit in car and have a good view of the course get there before 2 pm? Otherwise there is loads of space even in infield and you even at worst will only have to walk a few yards to get a good view. We have driven around and parked in different places to view different parts of course. There are places where you can watch the stretch from the end of Craner Curves to the hairpin before the pits (about half the course) while sitting in your car.
As for your boys - if they are the least bit interested in cars there wil be plenty to entertain them - and if they ain't - they could take a football and have a kickabout (along with 20 of their mates if necessary)- loads of open grassy areas.
Or a DVD player in the car?
Donington Park - VSCC SeeRed - AlastairW
Thanks for that PW- this is exactly the sort of info I was after. Whether or not you see me there depends mostly on the weather - heres hoping for a return to summer sun!
Alastair,
Have a good day - I will be there in my very racy gold Berlingo!! (outnumbered by Ferraris, Maseratis etc!!) My suspension will be lowered for the occasion by me and SWMBO sitting on the boot lip with a large picnic!
Phil
Donington Park - VSCC SeeRed - Round The Bend
I took my 12yo daughter to the VSCC hillclimb at Wiscombe Hill 10 days ago. Fanstastic selection of cars and that was just the public car park!

Great event and all allowed to get up close to the cars in the paddock. We both enjoyed ourselves and will happily go again.