Electric windows - Natty Bumppo
04 reg. Had it 18 months. Drivers side was the first to fail. Passenger side 6 months later. Drivers side again last week. 'Phoned main dealer. The warranty was extended to 4 years, I was told but 'yours is now out of warranty' - it is - by 8 days.
Fortunately they did it FOC. I asked what would be the cost if I had to pay. £180 plus VAT for the parts and £120 labour.
I can't afford £660 per year to have opening windows. I hope the reliability of the newest parts is better than previous.
Electric windows - Optimist
I think the more little electric motors there are on a car, the more you have potential problems.

Nothing wrong with winding down your windows or adjusting your door mirrors by hand.

And £180 parts and £120 labour plus VAT for one side sounds like a silly price to me. Makes no sense.
Electric windows - DP
What makes it all the more galling is that the actual failed part is usually a little plastic clip which would cost no more than two quid if it were available separately. Which of course it isn't. The expensive motor is usually perfectly serviceable.

I recently had my Scenic II's passenger side done out of warranty courtesty of Renault UK. I understand the new parts are upgraded, but haven't seen them side by side to compare.

Cheers
DP