1.6 04 i knocked off wheel weight on back wheel - tonyrees68
cleaning my car i dislodged the lead wheel weight off the near side rear wheel which was on the inside of the alloy wheel ive driven it since and can feel no affects at all is it worth getting the wheels ballenced again ( cheeky i know but the F on my badge has come off during the car clean can i stick it back on with a hot glue gun or should i buy a new focus badge with the sticky stuff on the back
regards tony
sorry i ment to post this in tech
1.6 04 i knocked off wheel weight on back wheel - Lud
Wheel balance is less sensitive at the rear, so you won't necessarily notice a difference. But it will probably be there, making the car feel imperceptibly, or rather indefinably, less refined at motorway speeds.

If you are a very gentle driver and don't intend to put that wheel on the front just yet, you may not need to bother. But if you put it on the front you will need to get the wheel rebalanced.

Edited by Lud on 19/05/2008 at 16:15

1.6 04 i knocked off wheel weight on back wheel - Peter D
Sounds like pressure washer syndrome. Regards Peter
thanks lud i will get it reset again just for the peace of mind as for pressure washers never used one the letter came off the badge during a hard scrub with a woolen mitt but thanks for the helpfull inputt
1.6 04 i knocked off wheel weight on back wheel - Lud
If you still have the weight you knocked off, and it is a stick-on weight (as it should be with alloy wheels, although quite a lot of tyre places incorrectly use the other sort meant for steel wheels), you may be able to tell where it was stuck on the wheel by traces of glue or the outline of the weight in dirt. You can save yourself a fiver by sticking it back in exactly the same place with a dab of hot glue.
ok i stuck it back on with the glue gun thanks ill report back when it dissapeares lol
regards thanks for the help