0% deals - davecooper
I am going through the early stages of buying my next car and am looking at how best to finance it. My take on 0% deals is that they only tend to be on selected models i.e. low sellers, base models etc and this deal will be on the full RRP of the car, i.e. no discount for 0%.Am I correct. I am looking at a Fiat Bravo 1.6 Multijet Dynamic which is close to the top end of the range but has some serious discounting on the web. It would be cheaper getting an interest paying loan and buying at discount. Any advice would be appreciated.
0% deals - Falkirk Bairn
There is no such thing as afree lunch.

Trawl the papers and the web and get their price and their finance terms. 0% finance is good but it often comes with full list price and ahefty deposit = 40& 50%.

Once you have the very best cash price and the best finance marry them up and see which combination is the best £££s per month
0% deals - Manatee
Get the best discount you can before you 'decide' to take the 0%. It will be funded by Fiat but there's invariably a dealer contribution to the cost. If the dealer offers you 0% or discount (but not both) Trading Standards will be interested - the lost discount is a charge for credit and therefore to describe it as 0% is illegal.

A substantial deposit is a common condition - it keeps the cost of the promotion down, but it also works OK where there is a 3-4 year old part exchange.
0% deals - teabelly
On fiat's website they have the bravo as with no deposit and 0%. They have also got a 3% deal which is again no deposit but the payback time is 4 years rather than 3. Usually you can get any of the range. But you can get 57 reg bravos from second hand dealers with a few miles on the clock for about 7500. Arnold Clark is listing them.
0% deals - tintin01
I briefly looked into this recently when thinking of buying a new Fiat, probably a Punto Grande. However, they are so heavily discounted through web brokers - see HJ's Best Deals list - that even at 0% it didn't add up.

Also, as you say, only the base models come cheap. If you want air-con and five doors the price goes up a fair bit. I think year-old models from car supermarkets are better value, as teabelly also says, but it depends on your financial situation.
0% deals - doctorchris
I've seen some scarily neglected one year old Pandas at a certain car supermarket here in the North-East. These guys make their money from folk who need finance and are too timid to shop around. Much better to find your own finance then buy from fiatsupasaver.com/