01 1.1 Mileage Discrepancy... - austinc
i recently bought a renault clio 1.1 2001 Y plate recorded as a cat c insurance loss. damage is very minor cosmetic, so minor it passed an mot today unrepaired. it has two previous owners and shows 21000 on the clock. it came from the insurance company with no papers ie service history, logbook as i need a VIC inspection to get it back on the road. after doing an MOT history check on the VOSA website, i discovered one of the MOT's in 2004 recorded the mileage as 98,000 and the following year 19,000. im a bit thrown by this as the car looks and drives like its done 21000. it even still has the original michelins from 2001 all with decent tread, spare unused, hardly any wear and tear on interior. Could it just be a typing error? how can i find out more about the cars true mileage as im worried ive bought a clocked car!! please help!!

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 15/05/2008 at 11:39

01 1.1 Mileage Discrepancy... - kiss (keep it simple)
There are usually plenty of signs that a car has covered a high mileage.
Stone chips on windscreen and bonnet, worn brake discs, less than positive steering, worn pedal rubbers, sagging drivers seat, worn gearstick boot, dirty engine compartment. The fact that it has a good interior implies that it is probably a typo. Maybe 9800 miles?
01 1.1 Mileage Discrepancy... - piston power
How many owners? can you contact any and ask them the mileage?