03 2.0 Replacing remote tyre pressure sensors - skyflyer
A word of warning - and any advice gratefully received. The 607 (and I think maybe the 407?) are fitted with electronic TPI sensors, as special valve that transmits a soignal if the tyre pressure is low, or if it is flat, that produces a warning on the dashboard.

Firstly they have a life of about 10 years but - in my case - a valve was damaged and had to eb replaced. The cost is £70 each but that's not all. Rather like a key the TPI has to be coded to the car and the Peugeot garage say that would be a minimum charge of £40

Of course we all know that the actual job will be 35 seconds - connect a lead, press a couple of buttons and job done, but apparently the software is only available to Peugeot dealers so - once again - it's a captive market

If you dont have it done then every journey starts with a warning that there is a TPI missing. So that;s your choice - £110 extra per TPI or a warning each trip.

Unless anyone knows a garage weher these things can be re-programmed?
03 2.0 Replacing remote tyre pressure sensors - salfordpug

I found out this expense earlier this year when the cold weather corroded 2 of my sensors. Can buy the sensors for about £62 on ebay but need Peugeot to fit them. Peugeout charged me £62 per unit but the overall cost was £170 per valve or 2 for £240 so the charge of £40 has gone up a bit! From what I can gather it's not just Peugeot at this captive market scam. Others mentioned were Citroen, Chrysler etc.

03 2.0 Replacing remote tyre pressure sensors - Collos25

The software is called "Planet" and can be bought on fleabay or look on one of the peugeot forums for people who own the system.You can have the system taken out of the car which is probably the best option.

03 2.0 Replacing remote tyre pressure sensors - Robin the Technician

Beware of removing these from the vehicle. As I understand it - in future MOT'syour car will be checked for thes if spec'd and if found to be removed your vehicle will fail.....

Robin the Technician

03 2.0 Replacing remote tyre pressure sensors - SteveLee

Beware of removing these from the vehicle. As I understand it - in future MOT'syour car will be checked for thes if spec'd and if found to be removed your vehicle will fail.....

Robin the Technician

Correct, thanks to the nannying Eurocrats thousands of perfectly serviceable cars will be scrapped rather than spend £2-300 on fixing tyre pressure monitors. Coming to an MOT near you ~ 2012. I shall get my car MOT'd again just before the date (whenever it is) this law comes in to give me a year - my TP monitors haven't failed - yet.

This wil only apply on vehicles built after the regulation if it is ever brought in, you should not spread scare stories without the facts.You can have them switched of at any Peugeot main agents and if you ever need them have them switched back on again takes all of 2 minutes.I have planet myself along with plenty of other people although my tyre sensors are ok at the moment if they ever fail I will turn them off.

New cars don't need an MOT for three years so if it only applies to cars manufactured after the law is brought in then why are MOT testers getting the equipment now? Surely 2015 would be given as d-day if the regulation wasn't retrospective?

Here's the doc: eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:...F

section 5.2.3 (h) "Air pressure-monitoring system malfunctioning or obviously inoperative."

Also the wording "This Recommendation is a first step towards a uniform assessment of the deficiencies identified during roadworthiness testing within the Union," would suggest it's retrospective applied against all roadworthiness tests within the EU. Of course I could just be spreading scare stories...

Its a simple turn on or turn off procedure ,what is all the scaremongering for.If you want to be pedantic the UK is out of line with the rest of the EU regarding the MOT here in Germany where they follow the letter of the law more so than the UK the equivelent of the MOT is required on new cars.