Showroom impressions - daveyjp
Took a visit to the local Audi dealer today to see the new cabrio. No idea what it drives like, but it looks quite smart, very quick roof (but only on the top two models), has plenty of room for two adults in the back seats and has a good sized boot, roof up or down, alloys on Sport model are pleasing to the eye.

Downside - the price.

Three models - standard, sport and S-line. Standard has a semi auto roof, which I think means you have to unclip it at the front before it opens electrically.

Other two models have fully auto roofs and for me that would be a must.

The spec across the range is very basic and you need to tick a lot of options to get many features which I have come accustomed to on my A3.

I priced a sport with a spec as close to to my A3 Sportback SE and it came in at £28,000 - this only had a 140PS diesel, no 170PS yet so this model will be even more - touching £30,000 and this without the expensive options such as leather, sat nav etc etc.

A well specced 2.0TFSi in the showroom was over £35,000 and this wasn't a full spec.

At this price I don't expect to see many.

Edited by Pugugly on 10/05/2008 at 22:18

Showroom impressions - DP
At this price I don't expect to see many.

The A3's a nice car, and no disrespect intended, but can it ever be worth £35k?

A colleague of mine recently picked up a new 330Ci SE for £35k on the nose.I can't see who wouldn't quite honestly. If you were comparing A4 with 3-series, at least it's a like for like comparison.

Maybe the real world prices will be cheaper.

Cheers
DP