2003 1.6 Occasionally won't start when warm. - vic1
HI all
I have a renault scenic 1.6 2003 reg and it sometimes wont start when its warm or when i go on a short run, the immobiliser flashes and works ok ???? but the car will start if i bump start it its so frustrating when i go out because sometimes it starts and sometimes it dont .the engine turns ok but its not firing up .i havent had a diagnostic check yet but someone has said it could be the crank sensor
can you help and maybe point me in the right direction of getting it fixed

{subject header made less vague, and moved across to the Technical Matters forum}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 09/05/2008 at 13:38

CAN YOU HELP ME - RichardW
"i havent had a diagnostic check "

and

"can you help and maybe point me in the right direction of getting it fixed"

I think you've got your own pointer there.... but the tech doing the diagnosis will need to know how to read and understand the live data when the fault is present.

On the other hand crank sensors are pretty cheap and this does sound like it could be Crank Sensor failure - you could take a punt on it if you feel lucky.
CAN YOU HELP ME - vic1
thank you
CAN YOU HELP ME - mikev
I had a similar problem on a 2000 1.6 and it turned out to be the crank sensor. Although I had the sensor and cable replaced this can sometimes be caused by corrosion on the connector which can be cleaned but you need access underneath to get at it