2002 1.9TDI Alarm and Electric Window Problem - Youngloch
My 52 reg 1.9 TDI 130 has thrown a wobbily.

Just finished filling up and locked the car on the fob and the alarm started going off - the key fob wasnt unlocking it so I had to do it with the key but the alarm still went off (the lights were not flashing though)

Ended up driving the car home (only round the corner luckily) with the alarm still going and after about 5 mins it stopped sounding.

Another possible clue is that the electric windows are suddenly not working..

So in summary:

Key fob not working (battery is fine and no difference with spare either)

Alarm went off after locking with key fob but no flashing lights

Electric windows not working

Nothing else noticed so far

Red alarm light continually flashing on drivers door but alarm not going off when I get in the car and it starts up fine...........

Any ideas?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 07/05/2008 at 20:55

52 1.9TDI Alarm and Electric Window Problem - elekie&a/c doctor
check operation of the interior roof and map lights.Is the plastic slide switch on the roof lamp missing?
52 1.9TDI Alarm and Electric Window Problem - Youngloch
Good call... just checked and no they are not working but the slide switch is not missing.

The central locking is working fine by the way but only on the manual key lock
52 1.9TDI Alarm and Electric Window Problem - elekie&a/c doctor
Sounds like a blown fuse in fuse box ,end of dash,by drivers door.One fuse controls interior lights,boot light,map lights remote locking and electric windows.hth
52 1.9TDI Alarm and Electric Window Problem - Youngloch
Just checked it and you were right - blown fuse - thanks for that it seemed far more serious than that when the alarm wouldnt turn off!

Phew!!! Cheers elekie&a/c doctor
52 1.9TDI Alarm and Electric Window Problem - JohnM{P}
If your next problem is 'why did the fuse blow?', try the connections to the 'theatre lighting' control module (but sorry, don't ask me where that is hidden!). See:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=26845&...f
52 1.9TDI Alarm and Electric Window Problem - Miles00000

Hey thanks elekie&a/c doctor, you just helped me as well! Same problem with my Bora, the fuse wasn't blown, but must've been poor contact. Knowing they were all through one fuse was much more help than the manual.

Cheers

Miles