03 2.0 Front brake pads - Boxy
At my annual service (80k miles/4 April) the dealership advised the front pads were worn and needed replacement. Phoned a local branch of a national exhaust/tyre/brake depot on Monday for a price. Was advised they would not fit pads if the discs were worn. I assured them they were not but it all had the sound of a sales ploy, teeing me up for the fact that I would be needing and getting discs.
Car was with them today and they phoned to say the discs were indeed OK but wear on the pads was uneven so the discs were uneven/warped(?) and it would be advisable to change them...
I declined and just had the pads. Could the discs be at fault in this way? Should I get them checked by the dealership or shall I just wait til the MOT in July - the dealership will be doing it? Also, the braking doesn't feel any better to me.
03 2.0 Front brake pads - Robin the Technician
I would take the dealers advice as sound. If it needed discs - believe me they would have advised it. If the discs are uneven then you would certainly notice it when braking - the judder would shake the wheel out of your hand. The fact that you've got the car back and you've not mentioned any brake judder, one must assume its ok.
03 2.0 Front brake pads - Dynamic Dave
Although pads are cheap enough on their own from Vauxhall, if you need to replace the discs as well, it's cheaper to buy the pads and discs as a complete kit than buying the discs and pads separately from them.

As pads are as hard as the discs these days, they generally all wear at the same rate. Worth considering changing the discs, especially if they're the originals at the mileage you mention.