Which car to choose - Paul Robinson
Such a common topic on the forum 'which car to choose', I was wondering how many people go on to buy a car suggested by the backroom? Or are people hoping that someone will tell them to buy the car they wanted in the first place.
Which car to choose - Avant
I'm sure some people hope that others will confirm their first choice: others are genuinely not sure, and I hope they find us helpful. Occasionally someone doesn't read the post properly and you get a person specifically looking for a small car being advised to go for a Mondeo, the new version of which is as big as the old Granada.

We had a lovely lady on here a year or so ago called Alijazz who thought she wanted another Fiat Panda, and was persuaded into a Suzuki Swift, which she got and was thrilled with. So much so that someone (rhyming with hillock) accused her of working for Suzuki's PR (when she'd never heard of the Swift before coming on the forum), so she never came back.

I think helping newcomers (and regulars) to choose a car is fun and something we usually do well - though I think we need to be careful to stay helpful and not ridicule their ideas.
Which car to choose - Pugugly
I was advised to buy a Mondeo TDCI when I was looking to replace a leased BMW 530d with a car which I was going to pay for myself....bought another 530d which was near perfect. (apart from the rather dodgy looks)