IMI automotive engineering - Greg R
I would like to complete the IMI National Certificate / Diploma in Automotive Engineering Technology (Level 3) at Northbrook College.

I am doing this course more as it something I am interested in, and I might possibly consider working for a dealer.

This is an A level based course, and I do not have previous experience in automative engineering technology. The staff seem enthusiastic and the facilities look pretty good.

It is a 2 year course.

Does anyone recommend this college, or know more about this course? Thoughts would be very much appreciated!

Gregory

Edited by Pugugly on 25/04/2008 at 13:14

IMI automotive engineering - niceguyeddy
Think and check carefully to see whether its "approved" by any manufacturers.

We took on a new apprentice this year who had put himself through a simlair course as you are planning to do unfortunately as it was not "approved" by our Brand he has had to redo all his last years work under the "approved" course.

Might I suggest you contact some local dealers to see if they are recruiting apprentice's ??

Having said all that I did employ as he had shown he was prepared to get off his bum to help himself.

Hope this helps
IMI automotive engineering - Greg R
Yes, thanks for the advice. Very useful. I will check this.

I am interested in this course because it has an element of science and mathematics in it and includes more advanced items like gearbox repair and diagnostic work.