06 2.0 Michelin Tyres ~ Are they worth it? - happytorque
I will shortly be needing new front tyres for my C5. As we are all told, Citroens love Michelins best. I dont know why though. Michelin pilots are about £30 each more that the other tyre im considering;the Goodyear Excellence. Any comments on which one to go for? Is the Michelin worth 30%more. My preference in a tyre is for a quiet comfortable ride. Screeching round corners brings no fun for me, so its comfort im after. Any views please?

Edited by Pugugly on 25/04/2008 at 18:47

C5 2006 2.0 Michelin Tyres ~ Are they worth it? - L'escargot
As we are all
told Citroens love Michelins best. I dont know why though.

Michelin is owned (or part owned) by Citroen, or the other way round. tinyurl.com/4utfke

Edited by L'escargot on 24/04/2008 at 08:13

C5 2006 2.0 Michelin Tyres ~ Are they worth it? - Whisky
Toyo CF1s run a damn site better on my 406 the the Pirrellis that are recomended.
C5 2006 2.0 Michelin Tyres ~ Are they worth it? - boxsterboy
>>Michelin is owned (or part owned) by Citroen or the other way round. tinyurl.com/4utfke

No, Michelin used to own Citroen until the 1973 oil crisis and the cost of developing the CX forced them to sell to Peugeot (in 1975 IIRC), creating PSA Peugeot Citroen
C5 2006 2.0 Michelin Tyres ~ Are they worth it? - Falkirk Bairn
I will shortly be needing new front tyres for my C5. As we are all
told Citroens love Michelins best. I dont know why though. Michelin pilots are about £30
each more that the other tyre im considering;the Goodyear Excellence. Any comments on which one

If you want MIchelins go to Costco - if not a member get a friend to take you - they are normally a lot cheaper than the High St Tyre outfits - a local Indie tyre Co might be a good idea as well
C5 2006 2.0 Michelin Tyres ~ Are they worth it? - steveo3002
michelins are one the best tyres around really, they always last really well from what ive seen

if you are keeping the car and can get a good deal on michelins id say go for it
michelins are one the best tyres around

They certainly have a reputation for being the most circular and the most concentric.
C5 2006 2.0 Michelin Tyres ~ Are they worth it? - Dynamic Dave
michelins are one the best tyres around really they always last really well from what
ive seen

I've only ever had Michelin's on one of my cars, and they only lasted approx half the mileage the previous cheap non branded tyres did. Come to think of it the non branded tyres were half the price. So not only were the Michelin's twice as expensive, they only lasted half as long. No real difference in handling between the unbranded tyres and Michelin's. Made a note never to buy Michelin's ever again.
C5 2006 2.0 Michelin Tyres ~ Are they worth it? - CheapNcheerfull
fyi

If you buy a set of 4 tyres from costco, you will get 20% off untill May 11th

Just bought 4 for the Yaris, Jazz will need some front one's too soon will buy 4 and save the other 2 for later.
C5 2006 2.0 Michelin Tyres ~ Are they worth it? - happytorque
I just need two tyres. I have a local place that will do the Michelins for the same price as Costco, but what im really looking to find out is whether firstly they are worth 30% more than other quality brands and secondly whether anyone has any experience of the Goodyears. Although I must admit that when ive had Michelins in the past they dont seem to need quite so much in the way of balance weights. Seems to support one of the views above. Ive also noticed that the Goodyears are made in South Africa. Seems a long way to bring a tyre and still be able to sell it for 30% less that one produced over the channel. Does this suggest that the Goodyear is a far inferior product? Or are the Michelins far too expensive with no real advantage. (DD would seem to think so!)
C5 2006 2.0 Michelin Tyres ~ Are they worth it? - Hamsafar
I prefer the Goodyear Excellence in every way, but they possibly won't last as long, as the Pilots seemed to be made from hard rubber which wasn't great when pulling quickly out of a junction on wet roads.
Matching Costco, even at 20% off if you buy 4 ?
C5 2006 2.0 Michelin Tyres ~ Are they worth it? - happytorque
No, just the regular price ....not matching the 20% off for four. (but then I dont want four)
will buy 4 and save the other 2 for later.

Do you fit them yourself, or will a tyre depot fit tyres you've bought somewhere else?
C5 2006 2.0 Michelin Tyres ~ Are they worth it? - drivewell
>> will buy 4 and save the other 2 for later.
Do you fit them yourself or will a tyre depot fit tyres you've bought somewhere
else?

No, but Costco will, F.O.C.
Yep costco will fit them, and they now fill them with Nitrogen, what ever difference that will make...............