NCD bumped up and new insurer - Kostic
A couple of years ago I changed my insurance provider, the application was submitted online.
I've paid the premium and send them a renewal letter from previous company as a proof of NCD.

The thing is, my previous insurance company put an extra year of NCD on the renewal notice.
So, a few days later I got a letter saying that according to the renewal notice I supplied them my NCD was one year more than I specified on the application form and they were going to refund me with the difference, which they promptly did. Frankly, I forgot about it for some time.

I have since renewed with the same insurer just accepting the quote they provided.

Going through some old paperwork during weekend I found this refund letter (which I saved just in case) and it reminded me of the issue.
I wonder if I am in dangerous waters over this? If ( I ever have to claim or a claim is filed by a third party, will they try and wriggle out of it because of this?

Kostic

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 23/04/2008 at 14:43

NCD bumped up and new insurer - Hamsafar
Why don't things like this ever happen to me?
NCD bumped up and new insurer - Bill Payer
The insurer couldn't deny your claim.

I'm not sure there's anything wrong. How does it work with companies that give introductory no claims discounts? Say you first driving and the insurance company allowed you 2 yrs NCB as an introductory discount. If you left at the end of the year, would you have 3yrs no claims?

The worst that would happen, even if anybody noticed, is that you'd have to pay the money back.
NCD bumped up and new insurer - Kostic
Bill,
This is kind of what I thought at the time.

By "The worst that would happen, even if anybody noticed, is that you'd have to pay the money back", did you mean premium difference?

Kostic
NCD bumped up and new insurer - Bill Payer
By "The worst that would happen even if anybody noticed is that you'd have to
pay the money back" did you mean premium difference?

Yes.