Goodbye Honda - ijws15
The Octavia arrived on Friday so the Honda has gone.

122k miles and 4 years 1 month, average economy 49.9 mpg.

Looking back it has been a very good car and has never (Nearly but not quite) left me stranded. Only comment to add to the 100k thread is that part of the immobiliser system was replaced about a month ago when the car refused to start but eventually did when locked and unlocked.

I am also convinced that some part of the ventilation system is on the way out since it stopped warming my feet and the steaming up has been far worse.

Will I miss it - Yes, but the £200 per month will be welcome.

No doubt it will appear at an Inchcape auction in the next week or so.
Goodbye Honda - Pugugly
Enjoy the Skoda - I have been genuinely surprised after I switched from a BMW Uberwagen. People actually comment on it !!

There is also a convention, apparently, where a little embarrassed, timid almost, wave is exchanged with fellow travellers.
Goodbye Honda - ijws15
I will have to be careful until I get used to it - it is VERY quiet at 30mph.
Goodbye Honda - concrete
My wife runs an 18 year old Honda(mmy ex-company car many moons ago) 149K and still going strong with recent new wheel bearings.I now run a Skoda Superb. After Peugeot,Vauxhall,Renault,Toyota,Ford etc over the years I feel this Skoda really is superb.Had it 18 months and average mpg is 49.5.I don't think i would choose a new Honda though, very, very pricey and now the Skoda stigma is all but gone they represent good value and are a pleasure to own and drive.Concrete