2004 2.2 petrol - Excessive rear tyre wear - Pappasmurf
Car is a 2004 2.2 Sri Direct.Car has covered 50k miles.Due its MOT so went over the car yesterday only to find that the Hankook Ventus Sports 225/45 x 17 tyres I had fitted only 15k miles ago have worn on the inside edge of the rears.Both showing similar wear but the nearside tyre is perhaps slightly worse.Previous tyres were 215/50 x 17 Goodyears and they lasted 35k.The car has never been bumped or to my knowledge,hasn't hit any potholes. (I am the only driver).Is it the fact that I changed to a wider tyre (all round) that could have caused this? Very alarming !!

{year & engine info added to subject header }

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 04/04/2008 at 10:43

2004 2.2 petrol - Excessive rear tyre wear - Dynamic Dave
On the Vectra-B the problem was usually caused by worn suspension bushes. Looking over on Vectra-c.com it would appear the trait has been carried over to the C model.
2004 2.2 petrol - Excessive rear tyre wear - paul19
Hi mate,

i had the previous model a lot of years ago and had the wheel bearing issue, as you say, my rear back tyres were wearing on the inside.

Easy to check, jack up rear wheel one at a time and try and rock it from top to bottom (12 oclock to 6 oclock) if that makes sense. If there is any movement most definatly wheel bushes. Personally id avoid vauxhall, from memory they quoted about 250. A small independant dealer did it for 75 inc parts and labour.
2004 2.2 petrol - Excessive rear tyre wear - Diet
Sorry to drag up an old post.

I was looking at a Vectra today and asked what the common faults were with these cars....

He did mention that he heard that Vectra's rear tyres have a tendancy to wear unevenly