55 SX 1108cc 97 R. Alarm/Immobiliser Problem - GazHalifax
Hey there everyone, ive searched and searched for a problem without having to pay for a mechanic to come and charge me a stupid call out fee just to tell me its something i could of done myself..

The problem started couple of months ago and i haven't driven the car since, my car has a fitted alarm which didn't work when i first got the car but i wasn't too bothered about that as i could replace it for a working one. But one day i got into my car and the alarm started going nuts.. working out of nowhere, now i have the keyfob and rpelaced the battery and the alarm would not turn off. Once the alarm gave up i put hte key in the ignition to no response at all, ive had to unplug the alarm just to have a look at what could be causing the problem, When i turn the ignition the key code comes up then goes off as if its accepted the key, but the engine will not make a noise, all the electrics work, wipers etc, but no reponse form the engine.

I charged my battery up full and tried again but still nothing.

Can any of you guys help me out in what the problem coulf be?

thanks

Gaz

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 18/03/2008 at 13:41

55 SX 1108cc 97 R. Alarm/Immobiliser Problem - ProProductions
Hey Gaz, am surprised this hasn't had a reply yet and yes I know I am late, but still. This info might help others.

The old Punto's dont have an alarm at all, they only have a factory fitted immobiliser. The issue you are having is with an after-market alarm/immobiliser combo. How do I know? Simple the factory immobiliser still allows the engine to try and fire, it just doesn't start as the immobiliser stops the fuel from actually getting to the engine, your issue is simply the alarm setup, from what you say it's more than likely been wired to the starter motor stopping it from even firing. Best thing you can do is either get someone to service the alarm, find a manual for it or remove it by following all it's leads to find where it hooks in.

Just unplugging the alarm actually makes it worse as you are basically unplugging the engine.

Hope this helps a few people.