Too good to be true - Claybuster
My local Honda dealer in the NE rang me the other day about changing my CRV diesel. It seems they are offering a half decent part/ex for mine ( offer seems fair to me) and saying "get the best Internet price for a new CRV and we'll match it". Now I am not stupid but it seems that this is an offer at both ends of the deal, decent part/ex and discount at the top end, mind you the proof in the pudding is whether this translates into a deal (cost to change etc) I know things are supposed to be tight at the moment but am I missing something? Are there problems with the CRV? is there an update due? are they putting the new diesel in the uocoming Accord and then into the CRV later? Are there more dealer bonus's on offer than normal or are they just desperate? They lost my business last time (I stayed with Honda but went to another sales chain) but the whole thing puzzles me! Any backroomer comments would be appreciated
Too good to be true - Jonathan {p}
our company's lease prices have just been revised on these and they are now 100 a month cheaper, so Honda seem to be doing some good deals on these.
Too good to be true - madf
If you wait 3 months you'll get a better deal imo.
Economy slowing, food prices rising = less disposable income.
New car sales fall and dealers desperate to move stock.
Too good to be true - Bill Payer
By the same token, if you wait then there's a possibility that p/x values may drop through the floor.

There is a new diesel engine on the new Accord, but I don't know if that's going into the CRV.
Too good to be true - Falkirk Bairn
There is a new diesel engine on the new Accord but I don\'t know if
that\'s going into the CRV.

I think you have hit the nail on the head - slowing sales (despite all manufacturers claiming market is still fairly bouyant) and a re-engine of the diesel in the CRV - Hence clearing the decks with BIG bonuses to franchisees who get rid of lots.

Handa are unlikely to run production of both old/new versiosn of their 2.2 diesel.
One of the car mags has lots of pictures opf the new Accord which features the enwer diesel - starts at £18K - the article said UK manufacture - the lcurrent model is Japan - maybe a misprint or misunderstanding on my part.
Too good to be true - ForumNeedsModerating
I\'ve no idea about newer engines, p/ex prices etc. & whether it\'s a good deal or not . But, why consider changing at all if you\'re happy with your current car & weren\'t considering changing anyway? (unless your post omits the that part)

You may be falling into the \'car-boot bargain\' syndrome: I don\'t know why I\'d want it - but it seems such a good bargain.. be silly not to, eh?

OTOH, yours may be purely an intellectual enquiry on the topic - in which case, please ignore this!
Too good to be true - Claybuster
I was planning to change in June anyway, fancied a Tiguan but cannot get a half decent (to me) deal. Was expecting VW to overprice as usual and hoping for their usual \"realignment\" (money off!!) about June just in time for me to start looking, but certainly locally to me the Tiguan\'s are really shifting and the Internet guys are quoting June at the earliest if you add anything to the normal spec, plus as _\"Bill Payer\" says P/X\'s are dropping all the time. Local Honda dealer hasn\'t got any 06 Diesels to sell which is supposedly?? what prompted the call in the first place. Still I have a bit of time to do a bit more research about the new engine/dealer bonuses. Thanks for all the back room help and advice. Keep it coming
Too good to be true - Ed V
OTOH?

I understand SWMBO and IMHO, but perhaps we now need a glossary?
Too good to be true - Pica
On The Other Hand
Too good to be true - Avant
A new diesel engine in the Accord - already? It doesn't seem very long since Honda's first diesel came out, so perhaps they are aware of problems with the original engine? Some Backroomers are only too well aware of them....

I think I'd steer clear of that engine. Hondas are great cars but the many stories of high trouble-free mileages all seem to be of petrol-powered ones.
Too good to be true - Range
I'm quite interested in the crv as well but the lack of a diesel auto is putting me off. I did speak to a honda dealer last week though and he told me that Honda are planing to put the new dtec engine in the crv over the next couple of months and hence offer it with an auto as in the accord.
Too good to be true - Manatee
>>It doesn't seem very long since Honda's first diesel came out,

About 5 years?

>>so perhaps they are aware of problems with the original engine?

What problems? Variable fuel economy is the only one I can bring to mind, and I can think of one backroomer with a high mileage example who has had some sort of running/EGR problem sorted. There's almost nothing in technical despite there being a large population of this engine.

>>I think I'd steer clear of that engine.

The fact that mine has done 56,000 with no hint of a problem proves nothing. But I think I prefer it to anything CR by Renault, Peugeot/Citroen/Ford, or one of those Mazdas that accumulates fuel in the sump which I would classify as not fit for purpose.

Does anybody know of a seriously troublesome Honda diesel or any endemic fault with that engine?

Edited by Manatee on 19/02/2009 at 18:48

Too good to be true - nortones2
I-DTEC engine - has a DPF of newer design, more poke. Second generation, whatever that means....