1989 1100cc General tyre question please - Petel
Evening all.

Just spent the afternoon getting the tyres repaced on sisters car ( Bridgestones ) after they were punctured through the sidewall during the night. Paintwork on the bonnet and down both sides as well.

As there is real likelyhood that this will happen again, picked the cheapest I could find.
These are, a pair of Austone CSR62 on the front and a pair of Infinity LMA15 for the back.

Does anyone have experience of or has anyone used these brands please?
Thank you
1989 1100cc General tyre question please - Petel
Have now found a webpage where there is a buyers review of the CSR62 tyre.

Two users reviewed these for various attributes, price, noise, wear, ride quality, grip, etc, etc and on a scale of 1 to 10, listed them between 3 and 4. Both users stated that they would purchase these tyres again.

Can anyone give feedback on the LMA15's please?
thank you.
1989 1100cc General tyre question please - Chris S
I used to get nails through my tyres so I always bought pre-used, if it's any help.
1989 1100cc General tyre question please - Red Baron
I think that you are being unduely concerned about the cheap tyres. I have no experience of these makes, but would simply advise to moderate the style of driving to suit the tyres.

Having driven a 1.3 auto metro of circa 1990 on many occasions back then, I can say that the quality of the tyres is the least of your worries. Rubbish suspension and brakes will have a far greater impact on what happens in a hairy moment on the roads. I also used to drive a G-reg fiesta for too long. Only ever got cheap tyres and never found myself wishing for a 'better' tyre.

Most people will never really need all the benefits of a tyre-test-winning tyre unless they drive like a lunatic. I have cheapo tyres on my Alfa at present that are fairly new and were on the vehicle when I bought it first hand. I cannot justify swapping these for some Michdunlis hydrosticks at present, but will swap for premium tyres when the time comes for a change. I do take more care when driving, though, as I have cheap tyres.
1989 1100cc General tyre question please - maltrap
"which" magazine is a good source for independant tyre info' try your local public library.

Edited by maltrap on 05/03/2008 at 14:31