OE windscreen replacement - qxman {p}
A big stone hit the Impreza windscreen this morning and put a crack in it. Since the car is less than 6 months old I am keen to ensure that it is replaced only with an OE "Nippon Safety" windscreen. Obviously the insurers will want to push me to use Autoglass, who will probably fit a non-OE item.
Does anyone know if I can insist that Autoglass replace only with the OE item, or should I go to the Subaru dealer and get them to organise an OE replacement? What will the insurance company do about this (e.g. make me pay in full and then wait while the claim is paid out?).

I know I can phone up and make enquiries, but I'd rather be armed with some information from you guys first.
OE windscreen replacement - Falkirk Bairn
My Mazda screen was cracked by a stone - I asked for and was supplied a "Mazda Screen" - took 10 days but at least it had the right shading/bandings and colour the cheaper replacement did not have. It cost the flast £60 excess - £330 was the bill.

My son's Lexus was damaged by "metal filings" that etched the winsdscreen, 2 side window + quarterlight + rear screen - the cost was £1800 and cost him £60. The filings came off the bodywork with claybar - the windows were etched / sanded with the filings.