Band G tax depressing residuals? - gordonbennet
Does the panel think that there will come a point soon when band G cars used prices will be severely hit.

I'm thinking of buying a band G (legacy 3.0) and i will not pay the £400 rip off tax, so i will buy as recent up to March 06 reg date as i can get.

This oviously affects all band G vehicles, at what vehicle age will the price difference become apparent to all between say a 55 plate car at £210 tax (i think) and a 06 plate car at £400 tax (that'll probably go up anyway as they bash the devilish motorist a bit more).

I imagine there will come a point when you wont be able to give a band G away if after Mar 06.

Have the traders amongst us noticed the problem yet or are they keeping quiet.

Or indeed will the band G £400 be backdated to all band G cars (please feel free to delete that sentence if you think it'll give them any ideas).
Band G tax depressing residuals? - NARU
I've noticed with Landcruisers that you can get a Feb 06 model for about the same price as a dec 06 - ie. that the market has factored in the benefits of a pre 21-Mar-06 (or whenever the date is) into the price.

You can check a car at the DVLA website - if you put in the make and reg no it'll tell you the appropriate rate.
Band G tax depressing residuals? - retgwte
ive got an early 06 it slips into the lower cost band due to age (its only a high CO2 due to being an automatic) would have been v cheesed off to have a newer one

next time ill be part of the brain drain instead of paying this rip off tax

Band G tax depressing residuals? - Westpig
buy yourselves a series 1 Jag XJ6 and a Rover V8 P6....make sure both pre 1973 so no tax to pay...

both will have reliability problems for medium to high mileages, which is why you'll need two.....one to be a cover for the other on a swap basis or which one you prefer to drive

get car club recommended outfits to regularly maintain them and factor in a major overhaul each year..you'd still save money from a new car's depreciation...and won't be paying much to Gordon
Band G tax depressing residuals? - L'escargot
£400 for band G may seem a lot, but when you consider that the extra over band F is peanuts compared with the real total yearly cost of running a car it puts it into perspective. If I really wanted a band G car £400 tax wouldn't deter me. I'd make my decision based on all the other running costs.