2006 1243cc OBD code readers - k9dan
I've got a 2006 1243cc Fiat Panda, bought it delivery mileage at a discount, but sold as used. As such it only has 2 years manufacturer warranty, the 3rd is dealer which is not included in my case. Had the first year warranty done, which was a visual check and an oil change, was a bit expensive for really no work. I'm reasonably handy DIY and can change oil, plugs, filters, brakes etc, as such I intend doing my own service every 6 months. I will need something to reset the service indicator light, EBAY has lots of tools like this U581 code reader which claims to work on FIAT digital CAN systems and can reset faults and read fault codes. It's not too expensive, I'm not interested in moving into laptop based stuff which obviously does more, but don't want to go into remapping and other mega tech stuff. Is this tool worth buying? Anyone with knowledge of it, or is there better stuff for less or not much more??
2006 1243cc OBD code readers - maltrap
before you lash out on "service reset tools" make sure you can't do it manually. have a look in a haynes manual.
2006 1243cc OBD code readers - maltrap
p.s if you're going to do your own servicing a service manual is where you should start.
2006 1243cc OBD code readers - rebel
According to AutoData, service reminder resetting on this car can only be done with suitable diagnostic equipement.

DC