2002 Installing a CD changer - christo
I have an Alpine CHM S620 CD changer from a previous vehicle that I'm trying to fit in our 2002 Honda Jazz. All should be ok in fixing the changer to the boot floor and I have the connecting cable to run to the front of the car under the carpets & plastic trim etc. The problem is when I get to the radio cassette head unit and I need an interface between that and the CD cable. The radio cassette has an Aux button on and will accept a CD changer, but is there any way I can find out the type of head unit apart from removing it? Advice on removal also welcome!! thanks

Edited by Webmaster on 15/02/2008 at 13:24

2002 Installing a CD changer - Bill Payer
I'm making a fairly huge assumption that yours is the same, but there's a drawing of the aux connecter here: www.hondafitjazz.com/audio.htm
I'm guessing that won't do the CD control though, and maybe you'll need something from Honda themselves?

There are also some instructions about removal here, and there seem to be parts for LHD & RHD where needed (note the pictures only seem to work in Internet Explorer for some reason): www.hondafitjazz.com/body_audio_entertainment.htm

If you click on the DIY or Service Manual links on that page there's all sorts of stuff there.

Edited by Bill Payer on 15/02/2008 at 15:09

There is an adaptor shown on a US site - click on the picture makes it a bit bigger:
www.pie.net/pie_store/shopexd.asp?id=480&bc=no

Again, guessing somewhat, this probably fits into the third connector on the back of the unit.
Last thing (!) - there are some Honda instructions here for 2007 Fit, but the thing I though worth noting is that it talks about marking all the heater control cables before removing them:
hondacuraworld.hostasaurus.com/Merchant2/instructi...f

Honda's instructions do always seem complicated and I'm not sure the cars are designed for DIY. I got some foglamps for ours off eBAY and the instructions scared me so much that I've never fitted them, and I used to think nothing of fitting all sorts of accessories to cars in the past.