2003 PD 130, coding key after battery change - misterbarbel
I need to recode my remote locking key after changing the battery. All the methods I've seen involve locking the car(via the drivers door) whilst another key is in the ignition. Unfortunately my car is delocked and doesn't have a lock on the drivers door. Does any know of any other coding methods apart from the VAGCOM route?
2003 PD 130, coding key after battery change - 547HEW
Which battery did you change?

a) Vehicle battery

b) Key fob battery

In either case, recoding of the keyfob should not be required.

If (b) check that you have installed the coin battery the correct way round. If installed with the wrong polarity you will get the symptoms you describe. (At least i did on my MkIV 115 PS PD)

Also I'm very surprised there is no lock on the driver's door. (A cost reduction for 2003 MY?)
2003 PD 130, coding key after battery change - misterbarbel
Key fob battery was changed after the fob stopped working. It still lit up very dimly but won't operate the remote locking. The polarity is definitely Ok, the the fob now lights up nice and bright, no remote locking though. Maybe the fob has gone kapput!

BTW - The drivers door lock was removed on purpose to get round a wheel known security issue with the MKIV golf. Luckily I have a spare working fob otherwise I'd have to get in through the boot :)

Edited by misterbarbel on 12/02/2008 at 10:41

2003 PD 130, coding key after battery change - maltrap
do you have the spare key to try? there's also a VW/AUDI website that might help.

Edited by maltrap on 12/02/2008 at 11:11

2003 PD 130, coding key after battery change - maltrap
the website is VWAUDIFORUM