1996 1.9TD - keypad immobiliser problem - chindu
Hi, am hoping someone can help me out.
I've just had a local garage change the clutch on my 306. When they reconnected the battery the immobiliser keypad has both the red and green lights on solidly. The battery was disconnected for over 12 hours - if that is relevant.
Is there any way to reset it or could it have defaulted back to the factory code?
Has anybody seen this before? My code doesn't work.

Thanks.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 29/01/2008 at 18:44

Pug 306 1.9Td 1996 keypad immobiliser problem - Screwloose

Check that they have put all the battery earth cables back on properly and check - all - the fuses; both lights on is usually a feed or earth problem.
Pug 306 1.9Td 1996 keypad immobiliser problem - thomp1983
as screwloose says, id remove the battery terminals again and give them and the battery posts a good clean with some emery paper then reconnect them up securely

chris
Pug 306 1.9Td 1996 keypad immobiliser problem - chindu
OK - thanks guys. I'll pass that on in the morning. Really hoping it's not the death of it as it's just gone through MOT fine as well.......

Cheers.
Pug 306 1.9Td 1996 keypad immobiliser problem - thomp1983
once you get it going again, you can just type in the code then unplug the keypad. this will then void the need to use the code everytime

chris
Pug 306 1.9Td 1996 keypad immobiliser problem - chindu
Hi Chris, that sounds like a very good idea! Fingers crossed they will be able to get it going again...thanks for the replies everyone.
Pug 306 1.9Td 1996 keypad immobiliser problem - L'escargot
This subject was covered in the ilexa Onboard Diagnostics Forum so there may be something in it which may help. tinyurl.com/2cgthv
1996 1.9TD - keypad immobiliser problem - L'escargot
........ could it have defaulted back to the
factory code?

I think the factory code is 1111.
They had no joy yesterday looking for earth faults. All fuses are fine.
I got them to leave the battery off over night (approx 15-16 hours) then try the default code this morning.....hopefully that'll work.

If not should I look at getting an auto electrician to bypass the immobiliser or replace the fuel pump / ecu?

Thanks.
Default code didn't work :-(
1996 1.9TD - keypad immobiliser problem - thomp1983
it won't go back o the factory code.

if i remember right someone that had this problem did something stupid like put the battery on put the ignition on, disconnect the battery negative then reconnect it and it solved it, probably worth a go at least.

problem with 306 electrics is they seem to do what they want so the same solution for an identical problem won't always work

chris
1996 1.9TD - keypad immobiliser problem - dieselnut
This will be fitted with the good old XUD engine.
Should just need a 12v feed to the fuel pump cut-off solenoid to get it running, although your insurance Co might not be too pleased if the immobiliser is by-passed.
No joy with the electrics. Looks like the fuel pump mod is going to be the only way forward...
Am thinking I might rig a flashing red led under the keypad once the immobiliser is bypassed so it will look like it's still active.

Thanks very much to everyone for your help and suggestions.
Hi, thought I'd give an update - it's finally sorted.
My dad ended up finding the problem with it rather than having to butcher the pump.
After an afternoon checking earthing and cable continuity it actually turned out to be a wire into the inertia switch. It seems that when everything around the battery was disconnected the cable was dislodged.
To make things a bit more difficult the connection wasn't shown on the wiring diagram.

Anyway - it's all back together now and working again!

Thanks for all the suggestions along the way.
1996 1.9TD - keypad immobiliser problem - Screwloose

An inertia switch on a TD??
Yup -I know. Back right of the engine bay looking in from the front.

Well, well; I've just found it - on the Lucas-pumped DHY version.

Oddly enough; as there isn't a tank-pump for it to cut, it controls the key-on live to the RIM module on the injector pump - which is where the immobilizer sends it's signal......
1996 1.9TD - keypad immobiliser problem - jonsky
I have the same problem replaced clutch and now both keypad lights are on and code not accepted and when key turned to start everything goes off and the relay at rear of battery box goes mad Is this a short or a bad earth
jonsky

Could be a bad earth or a disturbed wiring connector. Start at the battery terminals - particularly the negative one - and check outwards for broken wires and bad connexions getting warm.

The one to the top bolt of the clutch housing is the main engine earth and is a well-known source of trouble; but don't dismiss the live side too - check everything.
1996 1.9TD - keypad immobiliser problem - Manolo

Hi, my peugeot 306 BERLINA 5 DOOR 1.8 i 8v 103 CVA 4, won't start. In the workshop, they've tried to scan the ecu with no success. I've found info about reseting the inertia switch, checking earth, etc. the double relay wont stop sending gas to the injectors. The red and green lights on the keypad are both on. The check engine sign is on. the car wont start at all. there is no spark coming from the wires, I've taken one and then another one, and no spark comes from them.