Repainting alloys - Dave N
The alloys are all in a bad way, so while I have the winter wheels and tyres on I thought I'd give them a repaint myself. I know it won't last long, although they won't see any salt.

At the minute they're a mixture of paint and polished areas, but I just want to repaint the whole lot silver. What's the best primer and paint to use? I've used Hammerite primer and silver smoothrite on alloy stuff before, and it's been pretty good, but maybe there are better products out there?
Repainting alloys - gordonbennet
I used 'lap tab' (very close to spaguetti jct) Birmingham.

They fully shot blast, and then stove paint the wheels in the colour of your choice, the finish is hard and lasts a long time, probably as long as your superb machine will.

Cost wise i think they were about £30 to 35 per wheel for 15", maybe a bit more for 16".

They do have a website, and the work is good.
Repainting alloys - Dave N
Ha, the only problem is, I live in Sweden! Fortunately, Birmingham, spaghetti junction, and the whole mess that is England is rapidly becoming a distant memory.

Edited by Dave N on 19/01/2008 at 22:10

Repainting alloys - gordonbennet
whole mess that is England is rapidly becoming a distant memory.

That is a wish of most people i know and me.

On the wheels though, if there is a stove painters anywhere near you, you could get them painted in a similar way. It seems to be the only long term solution that i've seen.
Repainting alloys - davmal
non car related post removed

Edited by Webmaster on 20/01/2008 at 13:33