Buying New Cars off the internet. - AJ 306
Hi,

My mum is buying a new car and the best deals we've seen are on the internet sites. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience of buying this way? What was it like?
Anybody with any specific experience of UK-Car-Discount?
Any input would be gratefully received as it is a new way of buying for me. There is no-one to eyeball, particularly if things go wrong!

Cheers

AJ306
Buying New Cars off the internet. - Collos25
Take the best quote from an internet site to a main agents and ask them to match it.
Buying New Cars off the internet. - movilogo
Sometimes your dealer will not match the price and will try to scare you saying that if you buy from internet, you might ended up having a red door in a black car! They also indirectly told me that if you don't buy from us and then come here for a warranty claim, we might treat you differently compared to if you'd bought from us!

I was so annoyed with their attitude I bought the car from another dealer, who happily matched internet price (when I showed an Autotrader ad that another dealer is selling the car for £500 less).
Buying New Cars off the internet. - AJ 306
I did try using this tact with a dealership this weekend but one of their salesguys told me he could do it at that price then his boss told him he couldn't! Wasted loads of time on the phone with them. I know there is no naming and shaming on this site which is a shame!
Buying New Cars off the internet. - daveyjp
We bought through drivethedeal - car sourced through a main dealer and all painless. Car has had a warranty job at the local dealer with no problem.

Recommended if dealer won't play ball.
Buying New Cars off the internet. - Roly93
Take the best quote from an internet site to a main agents and ask them
to match it.

Perfectly correct sir !!!
Buying New Cars off the internet. - Galad
In most cases you're buying a pre-registered car. I bought from UK Car Discount in 2006 and had no problems. Recently bought a new pre-registered Vauxhall for SWMBO though from main dealer and it was £400 cheaper than internet brokers.
Buying New Cars off the internet. - oilrag
I got the van at £100 less (+extras) than the internet broker, from the local dealer.
Not much in it for him either as he knows I do all the servicing myself.

Sometimes wonder how they keep their heads above water ;)

Edited by oilrag on 14/01/2008 at 17:47

Buying New Cars off the internet. - midlifecrisis
Peugeot dealer beat the internet quote for my 407 Coupe. (Not on the first visit mind, dismissed it out of hand. However I rang him back at the end of the month and told him I was DEFINITELY ordering that afternoon. Half an hour later he called back and the deal was done)