New head unit / cd mp3 player - adverse camber
The head unit in our audi is dying.

What would people recommend as a cheap but decent CD/MP3 player and where is a good place to buy?

I understand that the multichanger in the boot only works with audi head units, but that I can get £80+ for it on ebay.

I dont want to pay for another multichanger, but something that plays mp3 from CD-R/RW would be a good replacement.

Wife is the main driver so ease of use is a key requirement.
New head unit / cd mp3 player - davmal
Just bought a Sony Xplod 410 for £80 ish. Not too complicated, good sound, plays mp3, atrac and wma formats, and has both a usb and 3.5mm jack plug on the front panel. Can also be used as the contoller for a multichanger if necessary, but my daughter (the recipient) just plugs her ipod into it. It also has a credit card remote control which seems a bit OTT, but with a sharp eye in crawling traffic it can be amusing iykwim.
New head unit / cd mp3 player - cheddar
Bought a Pioneer last year, similar to this, this one has Audi illumination colours:

www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/25/121/61/DEH-3900MP...l

£63.49 on here, fantastic value:

www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-pioneer-deh-390...m

Look at the DEH-2900 / 4900 / 5900 series as well for different illumination / unit colour options, mine works perfectly with the car's remote controls via an adaptor.
New head unit / cd mp3 player - Collos25
I bought the Explod with the built in Bluetooth for £75 on Ebay superb.