V reg - 2 litre auto - Lights flicker - ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond
Went to look at a V reg Nissan Primera yesterday. It was a 2L auto. Very good condition and very nice to drive. However, because I got there just after 3pm by the time I had a good look around it it was dark when I took it for a drive.
I took it for a drive and when I came back I parked and notice the oil light was faintly flickering, not just this light was the problem. I noticed every 15 seconds or so all lights that were on inside and out would flicker (dim) for less than 1/4 second.

Could this be a straight forward fault or should I walk away now and find another one?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 13/01/2008 at 17:33

Lights flicker - mfarrow
Walk away.

Oil light means either pump or bearings - as you don't know show them your heels.
Lights flicker - ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond
Walk away.
Oil light means either pump or bearings - as you don't know show them your
heels.

The oil light never came on. It just flickered like the rest off the lights
Lights flicker - mfarrow
The oil light never came on. It just flickered like the rest off the lights

Was this at the same time or separately?
Lights flicker - Railroad.
Well if all the lights flickered it changes everything. There's no evidence that it's a serious engine fault in that case, but rather a bad connection somewhere, and possibly behind the dash.

A bit more info required about exactly what flickers + how and where......
V reg - 2 litre auto - Lights flicker - Railroad.
Is the car offered for sale privately or by a dealer? The chances are that it's an oil pressure switch fault. I'd ask them to have the oil pressure checked with a gauge to make certain that it isn't a serious fault, and replace the switch before you part with any money.

A privately owned car is unlikely to sell if the oil lamp's coming on, as it would scare off any buyer, so it's in the seller's best interest to have the fault rectified.......
V reg - 2 litre auto - Lights flicker - Altea Ego
walk away - the world is full of used cars, no need to bother with this one.