54 reg 1.5S - Is this a good deal? - corblimeyguvnar
Have been offered a 54 Almera 1.5 S, with 54k on the clock, FSH for £2k, is this a good price?
Am seriously considering getting rid of the Pug 307 due to all the problems I keep getting.
Any idea on what I could get for a 2003 52 plate 307 with 42k, FSH, 2.0 HDI 90 Rapier spec, climate control, alloys, pearlescent paint etc, good condition, years MOT, 6months tax.

Cheers
CBG

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 12/01/2008 at 13:49

Is this a good deal? - bathtub tom
Listen to the engine when it's cold (I mean really cold). If it's got a timing chain rattle, then be prepared to pay someone around a thousand quid to put it right, although I understand parts to DIY cost three to four hundred. Brake calipers tend to seize, particularly rears, but no great problem.
Do the usual service record and HPI type checks.
I've got one, and althought it'll never set the world alight, it does everything perfectly adequately.
Is this a good deal? - corblimeyguvnar
I'll do that, cheers for the info.
CBG
Is this a good deal? - midlifecrisis
Having recently researched Almera prices, that's a very good deal.
Is this a good deal? - Slightlyfatdirector
This sounds suspiciously cheap. Is the car legitimate? Get an HPI check.

Price on a forecourt would be circa £5,000. CarCraft are doing 05 plates at over £5,000. I paid £5,200 for an 05 plate with 12k miles last year and our local dealer sold a 54 plate very quickly last month at £4,995.

What mileage has it got? a 54 plate should not have the timing chain problems of early cars. Unless the mileage is in star-ship range (massive) then I suspect there is something a little dodgy. This car was over £11,000 new and so to have dropped to £5k is a bit hit (but means a great 2nd hand buy). To drop to £2k just doesn't sound right.
Is this a good deal? - Screwloose
CBG

Where have you been offered this car? Friend? Work? Trade-out?
Is this a good deal? - Collos25
Not long ago they were selling new ones for £7k the price is spot on retail for a 1st class low miler.
Is this a good deal? - midlifecrisis
" Not long ago they were selling new ones for £7k the price is spot on retail for a 1st class low miler."

Two grand for a low miles 54 plate. Can you tell me where you buy your cars, because I'll go today.

Edited by midlifecrisis on 14/01/2008 at 15:08

Is this a good deal? - Collos25
Sorry misread it must get some new classes I thought it said £4k which is spot on.

2004 54 Reg NISSAN Almera 1.5 SE5 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 31,760 miles, Metallic BLUE. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Central locking, Climate Control, Computer, Driver airbag, Electric windows, Head restraints, Folding rear seats, Immobiliser, Park distance control, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Rear armrest, Remote locking, Radio/CD, Side airbags, Rear headrests. Insurance Group:5, This is a lovely car,part exchange welcome,finance and warranty available,SALE PRICE £4,295.
54 reg 1.5S - Is this a good deal? - v0n
Glass's guide value for Almera 1.5S with 54k on 54 plate is £3,180. Even if the colour was mustard yellow and it had gag, rope and dirty shovel in the boot, £2k is a steal, even if you were just to part exchange for something else a moment later...

Edited by v0n on 14/01/2008 at 15:26

54 reg 1.5S - Is this a good deal? - midlifecrisis
Yep! Between £4-4500 is what I found for a reasonable 54 plate.
54 reg 1.5S - Is this a good deal? - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
I do not have a legal mind, but IIRC if you buy something way under market price it is assumed that you are knowingly taking part in a shady deal.
You may lose the vehicle if any legitimate owner wants it back. Beware!
54 reg 1.5S - Is this a good deal? - corblimeyguvnar
Totally legit, colleague of my old man, husband passed away suddenly and wants rid of the motor.
Its been sold to another lucky person, unfortunately er indoors didnt like the colour !!!
Cheers for all the replies anyway.
CBG