(95-99) 1.4i - fuel starvation? - noro
My rover 400 1.4i is in {deleted - DD} service over one week.one night i broke down on M6,the engine stoped as it not getting fuel.After that i could start the engine,it was running for 3-5 seconds,sometimes more, and than it stoped. In the service they still do not know what is the problem. Any sugesstions? or i just should take the car to another garage? please help i dont know what to do?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 27/12/2007 at 09:25

(95-99) 1.4i - fuel starvation? - Armitage Shanks {p}
The mods will be along any minute to delete the name of the establishmnet! {Sure have - DD} Perhaps the people haven't actually been working on it over the Holiday period?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 27/12/2007 at 09:25

(95-99) 1.4i - fuel starvation? - Screwloose

If it broke down on a motorway, then it's likely that it was attended by a recovery company - yes? While some of these are well equipped, most don't see repairs as their main income-stream and struggle with difficult faults.

What do they think it is? What have they tried?

(95-99) 1.4i - fuel starvation? - noro
The recovery man told me it is probably the fuel pump.next day on the service they droped the tank checked the pump and the relay aswell. They made the computer diagnostic and they still dont know what is it. But i think i cannot be a big thing because the engine start ,am i right?
(95-99) 1.4i - fuel starvation? - Screwloose

As I thought; they're working on "guess and test." When they guess wrong, they're stumped.

If they believe it's a fuel-pressure problem; then the first test is the line pressure.... [Except they probably can't - as they don't have a gauge kit!]

If their computer[?] doesn't see anything wrong; then they have to use their brains. When it cuts out, then something changes; spark, fuel, or airflow. [Have they even considered things like a blocked cat?]