Pulling to the left - Bill Black
I've noticed on a couple of other motoring forums (fora?) that the '07 CR-V (UK version)has a known problem in that a lot of them seem to pull to the left. I live in Norway where this is not a problem as we drive on the right and the steering is pretty neutral. However, I have noticed this pulling on trips to the UK - as I have with my previous two cars, a Xantia and a C5. Apparently all sorts of reasons and solutions have been suggested, but none seem to work, according to these forums. My question is can it be some sort of bias that is built in to the suspension to make life easier for the majority of owners on a global basis? Surely that can't be necessary in these days of active ride etc. or is it?
And by the way, my CR-V suits our snowy/slushy/hilly winters down to the ground. I won't hear a softroader taunt against them, miles better than all my previous vehicles (not all Citroens) and half the price of a Freelander for the same comfort level - we've got one of each in the family.
Still suffer summer tyre noise though, softer, winter tyres quite a bit better.
Cheers, Bill
Pulling to the left - carbike
When it's nothing to do with curbing or suspension wear - I've always found it to do with tyre wear - either swop them round or replace with new and problem is fixed - a BMW 7 I once owned (@15000 miles) went back to the dealer and Bracknel who couln't fix it - but the tyres change did.