1.6 lx, air con, windows and locking questions - highflier
is it normal for the a/c to come on everytime i start the car, i dont have a user manual so i cant look it up,

also, when i unlock the car the boot stays locked so i have to use the boot unlock button on the keyfob everytime...really annoying

also, can the drivers side window be set to one touch closure

gratefull for any help...thanks.
1.6 lx, air con, windows and locking questions - Ravenger
If the heater is set to windscreen then the A/C will turn on automatically if the heating fan is turned on. That's because the A/C will clear the windscreen much faster than just using air from the heater, especially if the engine is cold.

The boot lock might be a faulty switch, which have been known to fail.

Only the Ghia has one-touch closure I believe, something to do with the closure sensors only being fitted on cars with all-electric windows. (probably a safety feature).
1.6 lx, air con, windows and locking questions - Dynamic Dave
Re: AC. As Ravenger says.

Re: the boot lock and one touch windows. Our pool Focus at work, you have to press the fob button twice to unlock the boot (or the 3rd button on the fob that is for the boot). The one touch feature only works to open the windows. You have to keep your finger on the buttons to close again. Probably the same for the C-Max.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 26/11/2007 at 10:34

thanks, tha a/c and window answer makes sense, the boot must be a faulty switch as it doesnt open on two pushes of button, it seems to me that when you open the car you should be able to open the boot as well using the handle but as it wont it only pops open when you use the keyfob, i will investigate further.
On my C-Max if the doors are unlocked, then so is the boot. I've never had to use the boot unlocking button on the fob.
1.6 lx, air con, windows and locking questions - cheddar
On the Mondeo the boot button on the fob opens the boot, i.e. is an alternative to the elec latch button by the n.o. plate lights, the boot is actually unlocked with the doors.

IIRC this is the same for C-Max (and Focus MkII), I did nearly 1500 miles in a C-Max early last year.

Focus MkI however does not have a latch on the boot lid so needs the boot unlocking button on the fob to be pushed to open the boot even if the doors are unlocked, the alternative is the key.
1.6 lx, air con, windows and locking questions - L'escargot
Focus MkI however does not have a latch on the boot lid so needs the
boot unlocking button on the fob to be pushed to open the boot even if
the doors are unlocked the alternative is the key.

Mine also has a button on the dash.
--
L\'escargot.
1.6 lx, air con, windows and locking questions - injection doc
depending on how late your Focus is the dealer may be able to reconfigure your locking & window touch or if its very late you may have the option on the dash menu when you press & hold the trip reset.
Doc
i phoned two ford dealers today one seemed very vague and told me it should open with the rest of the doors but couldnt elaborate further (probably until money had changed hands)

the other told me all the doors and boot could be programmed to open in different sequences but again couldnt tell me how it was done without seeing my car and knowing what model it was...whatever.

has anyone got any ideas or done this programming thing ford are suggesting?
1.6 lx, air con, windows and locking questions - injection doc
Did you not read my last reply? How old is your focus? have you tried you milage reset button to see if you can scrowl to a menu? If you have the locking menu you can do it manually or a dealer will be able to reconfigure. Have you a button on the boot? if not you do it on the key & remote button in car
Doc
i did read ur reply, my focus c-max is 3 years old it does have a button on the boot and as for the mileage reset button menu, well i know how to get into it and scroll through but dont know which part is the locking menu as it is all abbreviated, so unless someone can tell me what to look for then its going to the dealer to sort.
1.6 lx, air con, windows and locking questions - Chris M
highflier, have you tried posting on www.ffoc.co.uk - C-Max section?
i have chris, someone suggested a faulty switch due to possible water ingress, a valid point but i am trying to eliminate more easier reasons first before i have to spend money, thanks.
1.6 lx, air con, windows and locking questions - cheddar
Might be worth a friendly chat to salesman at the Ford dealer, he might know the answer, wont charge you, should see you as a possible future customer. Perhaps wander around a new C-Max in the showroom so he comes over to you and lead into your question by asking about the differences.
thanks for all comments, i stripped it apart and dried it out...it was full of water, must be another ford design fault, it is now working for how long i dont know,

thanks everyone for ur help.
There may well have been a recall regarding that switch. Might be worth talking to the dealer.