Vauxhall 1.3 CDTI - Ian71
There was a thread a few days back regarding the bigger 1.9 Vauxhall/Fiat engines and their comparative reliability when compared with other diesel engines, and whether they suffer the usual problems that plague most modern engines (turbo failure, CR systems etc...)

I'm thinking of buying a corsa 1.3 CDTI next year and there seems to be relativley little written about this engine - is this a good sign? The 75PS diesel version only costs £300ish more than the 1.4 petrol, and with it sitting in the £35 tax bracket it does look to make more sense.

I know these engines have not been around that long, but they were used in the previous shape Corsa towards the end of its life. So, is the fact that there is little written about them mean that they are problem free?

Once bought, I would be looking to keep the car for many years so any help would be appreciated!

Thanking you in advance...
Vauxhall 1.3 CDTI - doctorchris
This engine gives great economy, reliability and performance if the Fiat Forum is to be relied on.
www.fiatforum.com/panda-new/
Vauxhall 1.3 CDTI - bimmer-driver
My mate has this engine in his old shape Corsavan. Its an 04 model and has done the wrong side of 100,000 miles. Its got through 3 starter motors in its life and now has had the engine from a scrapper installed as the old one was knackered. When its working mind you he reckons its a cracking motor, just that its gone wrong more than it should.

Currently driving: 2007 SEAT Ibiza TDi
Vauxhall 1.3 CDTI - rtj70
Cannot comment on reliability but had a Corsa 1.3 CDTi as a hire car in Tuscany in summer 2005. Very good engine in my opinion.
Vauxhall 1.3 CDTI - bell boy
i read somewhere i think?, that the gloworms are in a position that would merit special attention to detail if the car with this engine was to be a long term partnership
ie
if they look like they are going to rot in the head over a period of time then take them out and copperslip them till they hurt
i seem to remember they are on top of the head in a cutout?
anybody??
Vauxhall 1.3 CDTI - oilrag
Yes, access is easy, facing the front.

Edited by oilrag on 24/11/2007 at 07:47