1997 1.4 8v - Exhaust Rattling - beudsy
Hi,

I recently purchased a 97 Vauxhall Corsa Breeze 1.4i 8v, and have noticed a constant rattling/knocking noise coming from the rear of the car if there is an weight in the car,

I have had my shock absorbers and springs checked so they have be ruled out as the problem, I think it may be the exhaust coming into contact with the rear axle and vibrating against it.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if anyone knew how to correct this problem as it is starting to get irritating???

Kind Regards

{Slight edit to remove 'txt' lingo as this can also be irritating}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 19/11/2007 at 00:41

1997 1.4 8v - Exhaust Rattling - Ruperts Trooper
It's not uncommon for Vauxhall exhausts to touch the rear axle beam if any of the exhaust rubber hangers are missing or faulty. Check the rubbers, particularly the centre section.
1997 1.4 8v - Exhaust Rattling - L'escargot
If you could load up the car ~ passengers at the rear would probably be best ~ it ought to be easy to see if the exhaust is touching anywhere. Waggle the tailpipe from side to side as well.
--
L\'escargot.
1997 1.4 8v - Exhaust Rattling - the original horse
there is a joint clamp directly above the axle, its nearly always fitted wrong way round i e nuts to bottom instead of top , its because access is awkward , you will see a little mark on the clamp or axle where its touching.
1997 1.4 8v - Exhaust Rattling - beudsy
hey thanks for the help, got the car checked at a garage turned out to be the exhaust was needing realigned, also as "the original horse" said the joint clamp was fitted incorectly.

got it sorted for free so no problems anymore

thanks again