Mk3 1995 Door Lock - Topanga
Some scrote decided to stick a screwdriver in the door lock. I thought it might be in the inside of the door but it's not, all that's there is the two big retaining rings. Anyway, while I was having a look around I noticed there is a big black metal box covering the inside of the lock. Can anyone tell me how to fit a new lock, does that box unbolt, it seemed to be behind the window runners. Thanks for any help

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 09/11/2007 at 18:24

Fiesta Mk3 1995 Door Lock - bell boy
took some finding as the forum search to my mind isnt as good as it was.anyway....................if you had asked yesterday i could have done you lots of photos as i did a mk4 which is the same as a ka which is the same as the later mk3"s which yours is,anyway enough drivel look here

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=38...6

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=38...9
Fiesta Mk3 1995 Door Lock - Topanga
Thanks for that bell boy that's just what I needed. Just one query though, where are the two crosshead screws for the security box and does the window channel actually have to come off?

Edited by Dogtooth on 09/11/2007 at 18:45

Fiesta Mk3 1995 Door Lock - bell boy
hi
one is in the door shut above the locking mechanism
tother one is bottom right inner side of door skin
window channel will then come out after you have cut the silicone sealant out (unless someones been there before and done it for you) do look for the lock in the depths of the door as they usually end up down there and might be repairable, remember to take this if you buy new because they were handed for the doors (grey or black plastic bit)
you need to feed the window channel rubber back into the channel you removed on refitting,its a little bit difficult but needs doing right or the window glass scrapes on it