2002 - Sidelight bulbs - Wee Willie Winkie
Evening all,

I know this is a stupid, and I mean stupid question, but does anyone know how to open the compartment to change sidelight bulbs on a 2002 406. The compartment appears to be sealed, apart from the possibility of simply pulling the connection out of the back, or unscrewing from the top with a small cross head screwdriver.

As I say, it's a stupid question.

Thanks,
DB

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 07/11/2007 at 18:52

Still clueless! Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks.
2002 - Sidelight bulbs - Robin the Technician
Front or rear?? Saloon or estate??
--
These are the views of Robin the Technician with 35 years in the trade. I fix, therefore I am...

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 02/12/2007 at 21:49

2002 - Sidelight bulbs - Dynamic Dave
Front or rear??

I would have associated the word 'sidelights' as being at the front.
Yes, front sidelights. It is a saloon.

Many thanks.

DB
2002 - Sidelight bulbs - Robin the Technician
According to Haynes, this is their definitive answer:
'Depress the retaining clip and remove the access cover from the rear of the headlight unit.
Rotate the bulbholder and release it from the headlight unit. The bulb is of the capless (push fit) type and can be removed by simply pulling out of the bulb holder.
Refit in reverse order'.

Hope this helps

--
These are the views of Robin the Technician with 35 years in the trade. I fix, therefore I am...
Many thanks Sir.....
2002 - Sidelight bulbs - Dave_TD
Open the dip headlight bulb covers, the sidelight bulbs are on the end of the 2" long white plastic levers - rotate the levers about the bulb location and then wiggle them free. The bulbs are of the capless type and slot into the white plastic lever ends.